Eating unhealthy coupled with a sedentary lifestyle exposes you to numerous health risks like heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. Diabetes is a condition where you have too much sugar in your blood and your body is having difficulty converting the sugar into energy. The good news about diabetes is you can detect the condition early, which gives you time to reverse the condition.
What is Prediabetes?
Prediabetes is a condition where you’re blood sugar levels is above normal but cannot be clinically classified as diabetes. Prediabetes is there to warn us that if we do not make some changes, then we will likely end up diabetic within the next 3-5 years.
According to a recent study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or CDC, there’s approximately 84 million American adults who have prediabetes. This is an astounding 1 out of 3 US adults is at risk of developing diabetes. Furthermore, data also shows that only 10% know they have the condition. The remaining 90% have no idea they have prediabetes, because the condition often times does not show signs or symptoms until it has gotten to the diabetes stage.
The risk factors of Prediabetes?
If you’re over 45 years old, overweight, do not have healthy eating habits, or lead a sedentary lifestyle, you’re risks of diabetes skyrocket. In order to confirm, you need to do the following:
- Take our online quiz to know your risk level
- Have a Blood Sugar Test or A1C Test
- Consult your doctor
The Good News…
If you’ve been diagnosed as having prediabetes, this is good news. Yes it is a GOOD NEWS because you are receiving an early warning sign. Prediabetes can be reversed through some daily lifestyle changes and consistency. What’s even better, is that changing your lifestyle does not require you to train for a marathon nor subscribe to a radical diet that can do more harm. In fact, the CDC recommends losing just 5-7% of your body weight in 12 months can significantly reduce your likelihood of developing diabetes. For someone who is 180 lbs, this means they only have to lose 9-12 lbs over a one year period! So this number is very achievable without a drastic lifestyle change.
In fact, the CDC recommends losing just 5-7% of your body weight in 12 months can significantly reduce your likelihood of developing diabetes. For someone who is 180 lbs., this means they only have to lose 9-12 lbs over a one year period!
Reversing the condition?
To reverse prediabetes, you need to do the following:
- Follow your doctor’s advice and have a regular check-up
- Follow a healthy (but not radical) diet
- Be physically active for 30 minutes, 5 days per week
- Seek a coach who can help you reach realistic, lasting change that you can access anytime, ON Demand.
Hope 80/20 is proud to offer the first and only on-demand video-based course where patients can access this life-changing information, anytime, anywhere – On-Demand. These courses also gives you access to Coach Maurice Saliba, a CDC certified diabetes prevention and weight loss coach, who had helped thousands of people reverse the condition. Coach Maurice has personally created and curated the content of the course to ensure that you can follow the simple steps everyday, to make lasting change. You will also have one-on-one coaching access to Coach Maurice throughout the program. You may start your FREE Trial Here.